Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dancer of the Week

This is sort of a newer thing but I figure that I should take the time to find some dancers that really inspire me and really give me reason to continue to dance.  This is a community and a culture in which everyone can get together and really collaborate on our talents.  I feel that people sometimes segregate this community into styles and "races" of dance are formed preventing a full connective community.  It is only when we respect and collaborate with other dancers that we can create this bond in the area that everyone can see.  Anyhow, the person I picked for today is:

Mike Perez
I have met and talked to this guy and he brings a lot to his community and to dance in general.  He is an urban choreographer and dancer and truly has a talent for it.  Mike lives in Las Vegas where he will generally teach classes as well as dance with his crew "Ateam" and "High Profile".  Here is his latest piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment